The "Rinaldo Firighelli" Ethnographic Museum is located in the centre of the village in a four-storey house, a donation of the Rinaldo Firighelli family (Nino) and collects the most authentic rural and artisan testimonies of the area.
Ticket costs € 2,00. For information about the visit or for reservations please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Museum will reopen on July 1, 2020..
Here you can find how to visit the "Rinaldo Firighelli" Ethnographic Museumsafely and in compliance with the COVID-19 virus regulations:
The Museum is open only by prior booking at email@example.com.
Visits are allowed to groups of no more than 4 people. In case of larger groups, several visits will be organized during the day. The number of daily visits is limited.
It is compulsory for everyone to wear a mask to enter the Museum..
The staff will measure body temperature at the entrance. Visitors with a temperature equal to or higher than 37.5° will not be allowed to access.
To enter the Museum it is compulsory to sanify the hands with the sanitizing solution available at the entrance.
The visit route is one-way.
Inside the museum it is mandatory to mantain a minimum distance of one meter between visitors and wear the mask to enter the Museum..
The staff will provide information on the permanence in the rooms and the duration of the visit.
On the ground floor there are three rooms used as an old wine cellar, an elegant living room and Carpenter's Butea (workshop).
In the wine cellaran old wooden wine press dated 1837 shows the art of good local wine.
The Collections' living room, entirely donated by Nanda De Marchi, contains evidence of a bygone era.
The carpentry , exactly as it was a hundred years ago, contains treasures and tools that allow us to understand how much effort and skill there was in the hands of Maestro Petrò (Pietro Tirso), from the workbench, to the various systems for cutting trees and making tables at work, to the chisels and what was necessary to make real masterpieces.
On the first floor there is a Farmer's Hall with an old hand-drawn cart, some wooden and iron ploughs.
A second room, dedicated to trades, contains tools for cultivating the soil, cutting grass, toasting coffee, making shoes.
The third room represents two Schools, the sewing school with sewing machines from the past, scissors, irons, the machine to card wool and to make skeins, and the elementary school with a bench, a calculator (an abacus), a globe and three original report cards from the Fascism and Savoia times.
On the second floor the kitchen was made according to the information found in the old village houses, with a circular fire in the middle of the room, surmounted by the classic Canizzu (chestnut dryer), the cupboard and other evidence found or offered by the population.
The next room contains the bedroom, with the cradle, an iron bed, a wardrobe and old clothes.
The museum has been completed on the top floor with a tribute to the Baggiue (Witches) of Andagna., who were imprisoned, tortured, interrogated and tried during the Inquisition in 1587 by the civil commissioner Giulio de Scribani. One of these trials was against four women from Andagna, namely Caterina, wife of Marco Capponi-Bosio, and the sisters: Antonina, Bianchina and Battistina, daughters of Vivaldi-Scarella.
They, according to the accusation, would have "spoiled (caused illness) in Alassio two children; the Battistina, made "many upheavals with the killing of a cow... and the storm brought down the day of Pentecost; the crimes of Antonina spoiled a three year old male, killed two men, one with a toxic compound of cat's brain, the other with a devilish ointment that gave her the devil."“.
On 30th August 1588, Giulio de Scribani sent to Genoa the sentence against "the evil women of Andagna". In October 1588 the four women were taken to Genoa for a review of the trial which was held the following year. The poor women were never heard of again, but never returned to their homes.